GeoFS is a free, online flight simulator, with a global environment generated from geographical data. It runs in your web browser without anything to install or as an app on mobile. From licensed pilot practicing VFR to casual flying, enjoy any of the 20 available aircraft absolutely anywhere in the world.
- Free 10 meter global satellite images Photo-realistic sub-meter HD imagery on subscription. more...
- Global high resolution terrain mesh
- Massively multiplayer
- Navigation map with 30,000 referenced runways
- ADS-B (real-life) commercial traffic in real-time
- Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile
- Joystick support
- 20 available aircraft (+ community contributed)
- Real-time atmospheric conditions (weather forecast feed)
- GeoFS is built on top of Cesium, a 3D globe technology (just like Google Earth) that can provide global photo-realistic landscape.
- Full featured GeoFS is available for free with worldwide standard resolution (10 meters per pixel) satellite images.
- To enhance realism, you can subscribe to GeoFS HD and fly over high resolution, photo-realistic landscape. (Microsoft Bing sub-meter aerial images).
- GeoFS HD is particularly suitable for VFR practice.
- Take a look at the screenshot gallery for more examples.
- Learn more about GeoFS HD here. You can try GeoFS HD for free, for one day.
Global satellite images
- Environment is lit depending on the time of day.
- Runway lights and PAPI are rendered on major runways to help with night landings and approach slope.
- A "location selector" offers to fly directly to pre-selected places of some interest,
- Or you can simply search for a specific location and be instantly transported at the right spot.
- The navigation map provides air space charts, traffic positions and about 30,000 clickable runways to take-off from.
- You can fly absolutely anywhere on earth.
Realistic and simple at the same time
- GeoFS is a real flight simulator and runs on top of a realistic physics engine.
- Flight model is based on the Lifting Line theory and simulate lift, drag and stall on all aircraft surfaces in real time. However, controls and procedures are simplified so you can be up and flying in seconds, even without any experience.
- Each aircraft is tweaked to accurately reflect real-life performance (speed, max altitude, rate of climb, etc.)
- Instruments are simplified but accurate and functional. Most aircraft offer an animated virtual cockpit and advanced shading.
- Location based weather data is collected from openweathermap.org, and used to generate atmospheric conditions (wind, clouds, precipitations, fog, etc.)
- Wind is also interacting with terrain to create dynamic lift: you can soar along cliffs and ridges with gliders.
- Autopilot is available on some aircraft to help with long flights and navigation.
- GeoFS is multiplayer: you can see other pilots around you.
- Log-in with your Google or Facebook account and chat with other pilots.
- Easily find and join other pilots in the simulator using a list of logged-in users.
- You will also be able to spot real-life commercial air traffic. The data (ADS-B) is fetched and consolidated from several sources and you can see and follow aircraft flying in your area.
For instructions on how to use this flight simulator and an exhaustive list of controls please read the Instruction Page
To get going quickly:
- Use + and - keys to set throttle
- Keys 0 to 9 are also convenient to set throttle: 9 is full throttle
- Use the mouse as a stick
- As you gain some speed, pull gently (mouse down) on the stick to take off
- If you would rather use the keyboard, press k. Press m to go back to mouse control
- You can change camera mode by using the camera menu or pressing c